|1st||Animal Bond, Detect Animals, Speak with Animals||+1 level of Caster|
|2nd||First Totem, Low Light Vision,||+1 level of Caster|
|3rd||Wild Aspect, Summon Animal||+1 level of Caster|
|4th||Bonus Feat, Animal Growth||+1 level of Caster|
|5th||Animal Telepathy, Second Totem||+1 level of Caster|
Each animal lord forms a bond with one group of animals. Apelords, bearlords, birdlords, catlords, horselords, sharklords, snakelords, and wolﬂords all exist. Animals in his selected group accept an animal lord as a kindred soul and a leader. They offer him their support, and he watches over them in turn.
Must have at least 5 character levels of Ranger, Cleric Nature Domain, or Druid.
Alingment: Must be some type of Neutral
Skills: Animal Handling, Nature, and Survival,
Special: Performed a special quest for a spirit of the type of animal chosen and been accepted as a kin and a leader of by the spirit at the return of your quest.
Hit Dice: D10
Mana Increase: as per level of caster if any.
Animal Bond: An animal lord develops a bond with animals of his selected group (see below). He gains advantage bonus on Handle Animal checks made to influence animals from his chosen group. If an animal lord has the animal companion class feature, he levels as an animal lord continue to count as either druid or ranger levels for the purpose of the overal bonuses that the animal companion gains.
- Apelord: ape, baboon, dire ape, monkey.
- Bearlord: black bear, brown bear, dire bear, polar bear.
- Birdlord: eagle, giant eagle†, giant owl†, hawk, owl, raven.
- Catlord: cat, cheetah, dire lion, dire tiger, leopard, lion, tiger.
- Horselord: horse (all), pony, warpony.
- Sharklord: dire shark, shark (all).
- Snakelord: constrictor, giant constrictor, viper (all).
- Wolflord: dire wolf, wolf.
Detect Animals: Beginning at 1st level, an animal lord can detect the presence of any animals of his selected group at will, as if using detect animals or plants.
Speak with Animals (Sp): At 1st level, an animal lord can speak with animals of his selected group as if under the speak with animals spell.
Totem: At 2nd level, an animal lord gains an advantage bonus on checks made with a specific skill in certain circumstances, determined by his selected group as follows.
- Apelord: Athletics/Acrobatics when climbing.
- Bearlord: Intimidate
- Birdlord: Perception
- Catlord: Stealth
- Horselord: Athletics/Acrobatics when jumping.
- Sharklord: Athletics/Acrobatics when swimming.
- Snakelord: Athletics/Acrobatics when escaping from grapple checks or other restraining devices.
- Wolflord: Survival.
Low-Light Vision: At 2nd level, an animal lord gains low-light vision, allowing him to see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of shadowy illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions. If an animal lord already has low-light vision from another source (such as his race), his low-light vision improves, allowing him to see three times as far as a human in conditions of shadowy illumination.
Wild Aspect: At 3rd level and higher, an animal lord can take on an aspect of the animals of his selected group. Assuming a wild aspect is a bonus action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity. Unless otherwise noted, the effect lasts for 1 minute per level. An animal lord can use this ability a number of times equal to his wisdom modifier per day.
If an animal lord has the wild shape ability, he can spend one daily use of wild shape to assume his wild aspect instead (the duration is as normal for the wild aspect). If an animal lord already has a natural attack of the type gained by his wild aspect, use whichever damage figure is superior while the wild aspect is active. If an animal lord wields a weapon while using his wild aspect, he can use the natural attacks gained as natural secondary weapons if he uses his weapon as a primary attack, provided they are still available (an apelord couldn’t use a secondary claw attack, for example, if he wields a two-handed weapon).
- Apelord: An apelord gains two primary claw attacks. Each claw deals 1d6 points of damage (or 1d4 points for Small apelords). If an apelord hits an opponent with both claw attacks, he rends the foe for an additional 2d6 points of damage (or 2d4 points for Small ape lords), plus Strength bonus.
- Bearlord: A bearlord gains two primary claw attacks. Each claw deals 1d6 points of damage (or 1d4 points for Small bearlords). If a bearlord hits with a claw attack, he can attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking attacks of opportunity. The bearlord still follows all the other normal grappling rules.
- Birdlord: A birdlord grows feathery wings, allowing him to fly at his base land speed (average maneuverability) for 10 minutes per level.
- Catlord: A catlord gains two primary claw attacks. Each claw deals 1d6 points of damage (or 1d4 points for Small catlords). If a catlord moves at least 10 feet towards the target before attacking, he can attack with both claws at the end of his charge.
- Horselord: A horselord’s speed, as well as the speed of any horse upon which he rides, improves by 20 feet for a duration of 1 hour per level.
- Sharklord: A sharklord gains a devastating bite as a bonus natural attack. The bite deals 2d6 points of damage (or 1d8 points for Small sharklords). A sharklord also gains the ability to breathe water while his wild aspect is active.
- Snakelord: A snakelord gains a poisonous bite as a bonus natural attack for 1 round per level. This bite deals 1d6 points of damage (or 1d4 points for Small snakelords). The poison’s Fortitude save DC is 8 + proficiency + Con modifier, and it deals initial and secondary damage of 1d4 points of Constitution.
- Wolflord: A wolflord gains the ability to track and roll survival checks proficently via scent ability 1 hour per level. A wolflord gains a bonus natural bite attack for 1 round per level that deals 1D8 damage and the target must make a acrobatics or atheltics strength saving throw DC is 8 + proficiency + Con modifier or be knocked prone.
Summon Animal: Beginning at 3rd level, an animal lord can summon one or more animals of his selected group once per day. This ability functions identically to summoning spells. The duration of the effect is 1 minute per level.
- Apelord: 1d3 dire apes or 1d4+1 apes.
- Bearlord: 1 polar bear, 1d3 brown bears, or 1d4+1 black bears.
- Birdlord: 1d4+1 eagles, giant eagles, giant owls, hawks, ravens, or owls.
- Catlord: 1 dire lion, 1d3 tigers, or 1d4+1 lions.
- Horselord: 1d4+1 draft horses, warhorses, riding horses, ponies.
- Sharklord: 1d3 Huge sharks 2 or 1d4+1 Large sharks 2.
- Snakelord: 1 giant constrictor snake, 1d3 Huge vipers, or 1d4+1 constrictor snakes or Large vipers.
- Wolflord: 1d4+1 dire wolves or wolves.
Bonus Feat: At 4th level, an animal lord gains a bonus feat related for which he meets the prerequisites.
Animal Growth (Sp): An animal lord of 4th level or higher can cast Enlarge/Reduce on a single animal from his selected group as a bonus action.
Animal Telepathy (Su): Beginning at 5th level, an animal lord can converse telepathically with any animal of his selected group that he can see within 100 feet.
Second Totem: At 5th level, an animal lord gains a permanent 2 point increase to one of his ability scores, determined by his chosen animal group as follows.
- Apelord: +2 Strength
- Bearlord: +2 Constitution
- Birdlord: +2 Wisdom
- Catlord: +2 Dexterity
- Horselord: +2 Constitution
- Sharklord: +2 Strength
- Snakelord: +2 Charisma
- Wolflord: +2 Strength